The May chapter meeting, held at the Sandy library, had thirty attendees with the following minutes:
Welcome – especially new members or folks joining us for the first time
- Writing contest submission page is now open on the website
- Don’t forget Spring Into Books May 20th and registration is open for Summer Workshops on Editing and Marketing
- Fall Conference – new special guests in negotiation and hopefully a New York agent being added. Details to come.
- Book drive – Children’s Books through 6th grade, collected at Spring Into Books
- Scholarships available for Fall Conference – 2500 word short story, deadline June 17th
Chapter Business & Announcements
- Infinite Weekend Writing Retreat Oct 19-22
- SOLD OUT (in 20 minutes)
- Looking for bigger locations to accommodate more people next year
- Only three weeks left of feedback/revision time left before LUW Writing Contest deadline. Get your stories in to Karla if you’re interested in editing help prior to submission.
- Next month’s chapter meeting at Tyler Library – Charlie Holmberg presenting on World Building.
- Vote: Since we’ve added a monthly write-in meeting, should we have a regular chapter meeting with one last chance for critique before Monkey Anthology deadline in November? YES – and Talysa will present on using word sprints to increase productivity and combat writer’s block.
- Monthly writing prompt
- Write a scene or a story with the theme of “Gemini” – The Twins, Mutable, The Number 5, Spring, Mercury, the phrase “I Think”.
Presentation: Scrivener – Alex Harrow